To create a tribe, open the sidebar on the left and click the purple ‘Create’ link next to the ‘My Tribes’ heading.
To create your Tribe, you need to do 5 things:
- Add a profile picture that's square in its dimensions, at least 300px on each side
- Create a display name for your Tribe, which can be changed at any time
- Create a Tribe handle, which will live in the link for your Tribe and can not be changed
- Write a description for your Tribe (up to 140 characters), which will help prospective members learn more about your Tribe and can be changed at any point
- Finally, decide if you want your Tribe to be public or private by clicking the toggle labeled 'Make Tribe invite only'
The Tribe privacy settings currently allow one two settings:
- Public: anyone can see the Tribe and its content, anyone can join the Tribe
- Invite-only: no one can see the Tribe or its content unless they're a member, no can join the Tribe unless invited by a Tribe admin
Click the ‘Create’ button and your new tribe will be live in a moment! Once your Tribe is live, please consider promoting it on the FindYourTribe page once you're ready.